Sunday, March 26, 2006

SMSS Campfire

25th of March was great with me getting off late from bed to meet my dear. Went to her house to help her in her dusty room. It was an "interesting" experience to be in that situation. As my eyes and nose was sensitive to dust, i started reacting to the dust that was being swept into the air by the fan. Anyway this is just a side story. ^_^ Overall, her room was only 20% cleared up. Another 80% more girl!

SMSS Campfire
Well the journey there was an even more interesting one with my future senior patrol leaders being unprepared. They have no idea on how to head towards St. Margaret's Secondary School(SMSS). We took service 55 towards Eunos hawker centre and had our dinner there. During dinner, I had a conversation on which secondary 2 scout were liable for the top three positions in the Scout Troop. With the Patrol Leader's Training Camp coming up. We need new blood. Our initial intention was to take service 93 from Eunos all the way to SMSS. That changed when jerome wanted an alternative route because they missed the bus while waiting for Benjamin, a secondary one scout. So we took the MRT Train.

I being an Assitant Scout Leader (ASL) would be playing a smaller role in such activities as i want the boys to learn by themselves. When i was the Troop Scribe of 2002/2003, i learn alot and make many new friends. But of this learning was to learn ways on going to the schools before the day of the campfire. This was the preparedness a campfire in charge should have at least. I was very disappointed when this was lost halfway. Anyway, when we reached Orchard MRT, the boys had no idea where to go. I stood in and offer them the direction and bus to take for 500 push-ups. Well they being intelligent did not take the offer and decided to find out themselves. I guess Jerome was being nice so he gave them the direction towards where they should be heading. So we went to Orchard Boulevard and took 174 towards Farrer Road, the home of the Green Polka Dots. In the bus i just kept on pressuring Robin,(The I/C) if he was heading the right direction. His answers were not confident. Not confident enough to take the troop in my opinion sadly.

When we reached there, we were made to go through the gateway. I am feeling apologetic now for not being a proper role model by joining the Boys in the gateway. At that point of time i guess i was already wearing a tie and that going through such things was considered not a good image for an ASL? We went in and i immediately went to the toilet asking for directions because i had diahorrea. Terrible I say !! Anyway when the campfire started, I was playing an adult role by just standing, sitting, stoning, clapping and looking at girls! Kidding! I was looking at the campfire as a whole and i found out there were alot of scouts action that was susceptible to danger. I guess I would not want to do much when i have not even earned my Warrant yet. I was feeling old as a whole wearing the tie. It does not feel youthful i tell you. Lol! Actually it is how i percieve it to be. Anyway I was surprised to see my boys earned the Best Supportive Unit Award! Something which the last time i knew, we earned at St. Andrew's School Campfire. So when the whole campfire ended, we helped out the SMSS Guides by clearing up the hall. (It was a Gangshow by the way) During that activity, i actually went to pick up litter. A form of humility? I am not so sure.

The dimissal was the most disappointing part. It seems like the boys were not made to sing the school song. That was traditional and it seems like Billy is removing it. I am not sure whether it is delibrate but i choose to be optimistic and believe their batch is getting tired. The formation that was form up was also in a weird location blocking off the walkway. The best part was the in charge were not standing properly infront of the boys. I was sad. At the end of the campfire, the boys were not confirmed if they had transportation back home. Sigh! I went around asking the remaining boys if they had transport back and left to Plaza Singapura to have some light snack. Over there we had some Venture Scout disscussion on the matter. Will be seeing the boys on Wednesday 2.25pm.

BP and God Rule!
Exalted Sonic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home