Saturday, May 20, 2006

Scouts Scouts Scouts ...

Today has been a great scouting day for me. It started off with a bad run in the morning where i actually retired from finishing my usual distance. The nostalgic feeling of being unfit and weak reminded me of my secondary one days where my stamina would just deplete over a matter of minutes. Sigh.

After that particular highlight, i headed towards Scouts Headquarters for my Unit Leader Training Basic Course (ULTBC). Along the way to Novena MRT Station, I was perturbed by the fact that i had a school test and a ULTBC camp falling on the fifth of June. I knew that i had tried my best to ask for negotiations from both parties and so i prayed. Taking into mind that God mentioned that Heaven is filled with treasures for us to pray for, i prayed the following Lord i know that school work is more important than Scouts as what u have mentioned to me from Sophia but to me lord, Scouts and school work are of equal importance to me. Please allow me to go for this camp for it is in scouting that i was able to serve my fellow brothers and sisters which are your people.

And so the prayer was answered when the Course Director brought up a point that the dates of the camp were actually changed long ago. I was happy. Praise the Lord ^_-!! *I sound so hyped up!* Well, after that long session on history, leadership and planning, i headed down to Damai Guides and Scouts Campfire. As enjoyable as it was for boy scouts, i enjoyed company by the leaders from the other respective Scout Troops and not forgetting Mr. Cho and Mr. Ang from Damai Secondary Schools. The whole event ended with the Young Adults heading over to the nearest coffee Shop located about 100 meters due north-west. ^__^ I love Scouting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home