Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lost ...

The vicious feeling of being thrown into mortal sin. It is although one is clouded by thoughts of being over protective and that the reliance of God can not really be felt. I guess like what Mother Teresa have said, " The greatest poverty is the poverty of loneliness". I felt so lonely and lost today. This is what i brought upon myself which probably filled me with guilt and feelings of being uncleaned.

That is i guess the shallowest description of how mortal sin actually feels but if given a choice i rather sin venial than mortal. The feeling is terribly heavy.

I am lost for words and seriously seek for a confession. Apart from my spiritual well-being, although i am proud to be Singaporean after watching those snippets and clips of the past and of National Day celebrations, i am rather disappointed upon hearing that no attention have been given dysfunctional families in Singapore after the Prime Minister's National Day Speech.

It is an existing problem found in Singapore and it will continue to grow. All the time there are speeches about improvement to internal and external infrastructures, using the digital age, focusing in new industries such as biomedical, making use of talent and instilling patriotic values of the Singapore Story. What about the moral values that are seen within our youths. Dissappointed and upset and that made me even more lost then ever.

To fill so cold in the early evening. A feeling as though no one actually cared about the social system in Singapore. With all these feelings however, Mr. Lee actually inspired me with one example of a graduate from SMU who would wish to give a Scholarship to an Accounting Student to show gratitude. This gave me ideas to think about and i would like to do the same.

To give a scholarship to 2 needy students who have done academically and cca
wise well and have come from a dysfunctional family in St. Patrick's
School. The scholarship would be priced at $1,000 each.
This arrangement thought of would be the first draft and would be given more thought as i start working. I am confident that it will help students like what De La Salle had originally wanted.

Another factor that got me really upset would be the anticipated low attendance for the Class Outing tomorrow. All in the efforts to foster class bonding and friendship which the class is in dire need. Plans would be modified to suit these change i guess as suggested by DiDi and Patty. Not sure if i should be looking forward to the last day of school though.

Overall, I am dissappointed as to what is going around me and with myself. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home