Friday, August 24, 2007

21st WSJ

BACK TO GILWELL
I used to be a Cub Scout, and a good old Cub Scout too.
But now I've finished Cubbing, I don't know what to do.
I'm growing old and feeble, and I can Cub no more,
So I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

Chorus:
Back to Gillwell, happy land;
I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

I used to be a Boy Scout, and a good old Boy Scout too,
But now I've finished Scouting I don't know what to do,
I'm growing old and feeble, and I can Scout no more,
So I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

I used to be a Venture, and a good old Venture too,
But now I've finished Venturing, I don't know what to do,
I'm growing old and feeble, and I can Venture no more,
So I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

Yes, it sounds insanely crazy, but i managed to go to Gilwell Park at the age of 20 as a Rover Scout/ Assistant Scout Leader (Asst. ScoutMaster). Many have dreamed to come here even after finishing their Scouting Journey. It was a great opportunity. Though it was a 15 pounds trip, i just could not hold back.

Now i shall relate my second off day.

Start of the morning by seeing this group of scout constructing some sort of trench/ well. It was amazing. Lol!

I know i have certainly gone bananas in this Jamboree.

No War. One of the many ongoing Global Developlment Village/ Centre Initiative.

IBC. International Badgers Club.

Rotary and Scouting. Partners in Crime.

There you go.

One of the clock towers in the Jamboree next to the Big Ben.

Paolo ^_^ My Italian Friend. A young and fine gentlemen.

I aint promoting my watch. I am promoting the Tag. ^_^

Greenery. I like ^_^

Holiday Centres. Ideal for the perfect get away from Civilization

Gilwell White House. ^_^ Lol!

The Scout Sign. ^_^

The Vehicle which BP used. Forgot what it is called. gee..

Ornaments ^_^

He looked like a girl right? Gee..

Tada.

Scouting For Boys. The First Edition.

Early Scouting Badges.

Nice huh?

Proud of the Past World Jamboree

Prepare for the Future 2007.

The BP Coat of Arms.

Painting 1. One of my Favourites.

Painting 2.

Painting 3

Heh heh. I have the silver version of this.

Painting 4.

Painting 5.

Painting 6.

Painting 7.

Scouts at Gilwell.

Tada ^_^

One of the Statues outside the white house.

Statue near the activity area?

The mini museum 1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

The Singapore Scout in the GP shop. Guess who donated it?

Tada. (Eurojam 2005)

So natural.

I love this view.

Nice Carving.

Campfire ring. Hmm i didnt collect the ashes though. didint want to anyway. Found it queer.

The entrance. ^_^

So Spacious and Green.

Me again.

This is the Meridian Line that seperates east from west.

My Shoes in two different areas.

1907 - 2007

Thanks to Eric who captured this.

Hmm i suddenly became camera crazy for a moment so the next few pictures will not make any sense.









Sammy for 5,ooo Pounds. Thats Awesome. Catch that Squirrel !!

The Roman Catholic Chapel.

Mass Celebration. Its so cool.

The Gilwell Park Gate with two panters.

Close up.



White House yet again.

The Scout Symbol of the World.

Off Site IST ^_^.

1907 - 2007

Haha. Crazy Bird. (It Didnt Moved at all) I thought it was a fake.


The bag i never saw again. Exchanged it with a Brazilian Bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home