Monday, April 28, 2008

A Major's Speech...

Good evening!

I have to say that 21 years have flown by so fast. Enjoying my pre-school adventures of block hide and seek, i sure did enjoy those moment even before the term "school" came into my life.

Then came school. It sure was an enjoyable, frightening and maturing experience after having gone through 16 years of education. Friendships were forged. A new found faith to direct lead my life. The great love of the outdoors. The opportunities to groom teens towards adulthood. The chance to gain insights as to what Military life would be like. ( I have not completed my National Service for those who do not know) Moral values, virtues and grooming techniques.

I guess all those experiences have made me one way or another prepared for this age which demands so much. I was jokingly speaking to a colleague of mine Jian Hao that if they (My other team members) were to do anything wrong, they wont have the luxury of Prison life as of yet. LOL! Boys home, Girls Home yeah! That was what i meant.

No longer protected by Minor's law, the age of 21 surely demands an individual to be more responsible and vigilant in his or her actions. I won't be surprise if i am stricken with "offers" for letters of guarantee or other commercial gimmicks. On top of that, an individual like myself will now be legally opened to the many vices the world has to offer.

Well, life must still go on and i will be ready to take up the challenge of adulthood. As what Baden Powell says, "Be Prepared!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home