Saturday, October 07, 2006

6 October 2006

A day with so many happenings yet God has always been at my side.

Woke up in the morning to find many of my other cousins sleeping. Kor however was patching up some game in Colin's computer. I guess i was fully awakened when Ms. Szetoh asked me about my attendance in assisting for an event. I was delighted to assist and was intending to inform her on the day itself on Thursday. I guess it sort of slipped my mind.

Went on to bathe and changed into the attire which symbolises purity and death in the family. I went down to have some porridge and was welcomed by the music played by a funeral band. It was filled with melody and rythmn. But sigh, something major is going to happened later. Not sure if i was ready for it. Time flew and the funeral march pass band came over to play a awakening call i guess for my grampa as they beat their instruments. I on the other hand was praying my own way and trying as much as possible not to become deaf.

More tears were shed and i too shed some. Although there were many distractions, it still cannot stop the fact that someone has passed away and would have his body and coffin burned to ashes. I was sad yet am suppose to be happy he is at a happier place. Well dinner was nice having some teochew dishes. It was a nice feeling as the families all gather round to have dinner. It has been a long time since one of such size was made. Soon after that, i had to rushed of home by taking two buses and a train ride. This was quite disappointing after having found out that 5 minutes later, my family returned home by a car!!!! Well, rushed quickly with my attire and headed for Farrer Park MRT station where Sandy would meet me. I guess the timing was right and everything fell into place.

Superstar - SP First Musical was a big bang. It had symbolise the wishes of the majority of the teenagers in Singapore where they would want to be seen and heard. It had a unique form of Singaporean humour and i dare say that this musical is great. Maybe it is because the songs were made by Jimmy Ye. (Sophia is crazy over him) Lol! Well upon returning, i met a few people Jamie Xie (My Michaelian Classmate)at University Cultural Centre NUS, Eileen, Enli and Joycelyn at Outram Park MRT Station and lastly Mr. Haze from Indonesia. All except the last were really nice people to meet. As for Mr. Haze, it got so bad that i have switch on my air conditioner machine about 30 minutes ago.

Well before i end of i would like to thank those who came for the funeral, JC, DiDi, Sophie, Ah Kit, Susan, Teresa, Roy, Terence, Marcus, Jason, Bryan. I would also like to thank for all those who prayed for my Grampa!. Thank you so much. Hopefully, you would still keep him in your prays. May God bless you and your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home