Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yes, i cleared it! 2nd November

It was all souls day and the time slowly passed by when i was having my warm up test. Wishes flew in giving me some form of confidence and strength. Those were the people i could not let down. Although it was a bad experience inside the circuit where Auntie Helen had a tiff with some comfort instructor. (Over a parrallel parking lot and who should have the right of way) They were furious. For myself, i was just caught in the middle. Maybe it was meant to happened? That i do not know. The minute hand started moving closer to 12 and then came 4pm.

We drove into the circuit and parked at one of our usual places. Auntie Helen asked me to pray and to relaxed outside the waiting area for it was very cold inside. It was a good choice to wait outside however tobacco smoke suddenly filled the air as though a thick layer of smog came by from wherever the source of tobacco came from.

I prayed asking the Saints and all the souls of the faithful departed to help me! At that moment adrenaline was pumping and i knew i had to control it by having a small output or some sort. I slouched and started singing to myself with my feet tapping along. I became calm and proceed on into the room for my lungs couldn't take it anymore. It was the usual same cold feeling as the first. I guess the air condition was meant to be set at a pretty low temperature. As i was going in, someone stared at me as though he wanted to make trouble but yeah i went to the back to take a seat slouching down.

It is quite cool how God actually speaks for that moment, someone was reading an article of God's love and his main reason why he created us. I had a good read prying my eyes at the corner. I would have looked very suspicious at that point of time. Thank goodness it was not a MRT train or i would have been labelled terrorist! Lol! Knowing the procedure of the first, you would really love to be distracted with someone or something esle as the noise created on purposed was meant to make you lose your confidence. Mr. Yeo was his name who went through the documents of all the practical driving testees and gave us a short briefing. The second upon calling i had route 3 which was something i was familiar with especially when Auntie Helen allowed me to practice several times on that driving route. Time came by again and soon enough i was called! It was Mr. Yeo! The same guy who was looking through the documents and who briefed us! From what i interpret from his gestures and the way he speak, he was a nice guy. Well i would not know till the time comes right? So i proceed on to my car and led the way. Not knowing there was a second driving tester! Oh Gosh! I was told to calm down and start off when i am ready.

Took the first turn into the circuit and it was directional change number 15! It was chaotic as cars were everywhere. I listened to the instructions and continue as per normal. ( I was saying Yes, Sir to every of his command and that built up more confidence) The feeling was different. It then came to the slope something which i was afraid of. Recalling Auntie Helen's words, i just pump in the acceleration and release the clutch by about close to more then 2/3s. Yes! I went on! I smelled victory! This was followed by an S Course, Vertical parking, Parallel parking and the crank course all of which i have some how mastered through the guidiance of Auntie Helen. We left the circuit and went on to the road, my forte! Lol!

It was a totally different experience altogether! I was more alert and confident. The conversations that went along the two testers were very interesting giving me chances to smile and laugh to myself! I guess the only worry i had was moving above the speed limit! That would mean immediate failure and that is not nice! Climbing up the 2 flight of steps, i was back at the same room where my previous tester failed me! I listened to his pointers and realise that were many instances that i forgot to confirm safety because i either did not turn my head to the left or front to check my blindspot. A total of 12 points! Yikes! 2 points for starting off with wrong gear. Overall 14 points with no immediate failure! Yes! Yipeee! I was so happy! Actually i am still very happy! Smses were sent and calls made! It was simply joyful!

Oh i shooked hands in gratitude and his hands were moisted by mine and he made a comment that his hands were dry! Lol! He asked if i was nervous and i said sort off! Then he commented, i saw your whole steering wheel being wet. I smiled! Lol!

Thank you God, Saints, Souls of the Faithful departed, DBF2B01, Joanne Chia (JC), Jason Ow, Kwen Chye, Mummy, Ah Kim and my dear girlfriend for always being there to support me! This is especially so for Auntie Helen! Thank you!

Now! Towards a five year plan to obtain a car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home